Monday, January 08, 2007

Placard

Fish in Larkspur. I came back after a bit of an absence to do a full review of Yankee Pier in Larkspur. I mentioned it in several posts in years past - September 19, 2005, September 18, 2003 and August 19, 2003, so it was overdue for a visit. First thing noticed is what a difference a couple years makes in the mobility of an aging parent. We were going to take advantage of the beautiful sun and sit on their deck at the picnic tables, a delightfully casual and relaxing place to be. Unfortunately, Dad couldn't maneuver himself into the fixed seat which he would have to climb into. The host quite graciously reseated us inside. If you have kids, the outside area has a sandbox with some toys in it that the kids LOVE to play in and keeps them amused while adults chatter.

Classic New England Clam Chowder

Dad and I started out with a cup of classic New England Clam Chowder. It was great, and I also noticed that Yankee Pier had changed their recipe since the last clam chowder I had there was New England style, but without the cream. It had a cute dill biscuit floating on top which also tasted good.

Snapper Sandwich

Dad tried out their Fish Sandwich of the day, which happened to be snapper. He enjoyed it, and the ambiance so much he commented about how much he liked the place all the way home.

Fish & Chips

Since they were out of the Lobster Roll Sandwich, I requested an old standby - Beer Battered Fish & Chips. The fish were VERY hot, the outside crisp and the inside moist and fresh. I enjoyed my meal too. We had a beautiful day in Marin, and this was a very enjoyable food outing. Daniel's birthday was also Sunday, and I enjoyed a lively party in Berkeley to celebrate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to go there, now I want to go even more. Looks really yummy.