Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gigantic burritos in Novato

Mi Pueblo

Although I thought I only had a handful of restaurants left to review, when I counted up the number of Mexican restaurants I've yet to try.. it came to 19. That's more than a handful. So I'm putting emphasis for a bit on trying some of these. I meandered first to Novato, where I found Taqueria Mi Pueblo, which was chock full of people, while many of the other restaurants in old town were rather quiet. That's a good indicator. (It was a little cool for people to be outside).

Chips & Salsa

What friendly staff. They oriented me, sat me at a table and smiled a lot. Before I knew it, there were the crispest warm chips and red salsa with a hint of heat in front of me to nibble. Good start!

Burrito Vegetariano Mas

I surveyed the menu, and decided to try the Burrito Vegetariano Mas, which includes broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. It was huge! And the other burritos flying by were gigantic too. Everything was fresh and well mixed. There was a nice red sauce covering the burrito. Unfortunately, I realized that I'm not fond of steamed vegetables in a burrito. The broccoli, cauliflower and carrot were steamed and it made the burrito rather watery-tasting and diluted the flavor. I could tell that the ingredients were high quality. It would have been better had the vegetables been grilled so that the flavors were intensified. Even so, I enjoyed as much as I could and thought that next time I'll have to try the seafood as everything that went by, and the happy faces on the customers gave me the impression that other menu items are top notch.

Restaurant Inspection Results

Critical: 0
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 6/17/2009


Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

No comments: