Thursday, July 02, 2009

Locals love it

Pancho's Casa Manana

Dad & I stopped by Poncho's Casa Manana in Tiburon for lunch the other day, and found it a bustling place. I saw a lot of locals, yet I heard some French and Italian being spoken, so I suspect that some tourists have discovered it nestled into Ark Row as well.

Chips and Salsa

The friendly proprietor gave us some crisp chips and fresh-tasting medium spiced salsa.

Berenjena close up

I thought the Berenjena sounded like a great combo. Poncho's Casa Manana has a Salvadoran twist, so I'm not sure of the origin of this dish. It consists of slices of eggplant fried in an egg batter and topped with a ranchero-type sauce and topped with mild cheese, guacamole and sour cream.

Berenjena

It was divine! And it also comes with your choice of beans (refried was my choice that day), rice and a small bit of greens and tomatoes.

Vegetarian Tamales

My father tried the vegetarian tamales which were wrapped in plantain leaves and same sides as I, except he chose the black beans. He enjoyed his choice too and said he could come back any time!


Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 5
Noncritical: 2

Previously reviewed:
March 1, 2007

Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

1 comment:

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

love this darling little place!