Friday, April 04, 2008

Something to rave about

Bungalow 44

Last night was my night out, and I decided to try a place near home I've had my eye on for some time. Bungalow 44 seems to be ever popular and has a reputation for being a 'cougar' hang-out. Personally, I think it has a nice ambiance and good food which is good enough reason to go, and I did see a lot of well-dressed and coiffed creatures there.

Mixed Organic Greens

I had the PERFECT salad to start, mixed organic greens with whole grain mustard dressing. It was so fresh and crisp, and the dressing was absolutely perfect.

Lobster Spagetti

Then I couldn't resist the lobster spaghetti, described as "Nuff said". Oh, but NOT enough said. This is something to rave about. The lobster was so succulent and I loved the addition of carrots and zucchini which was julienned in a style that mocked the spaghetti noodles. I'm afraid I didn't have room for dessert, but it was a tempting list too. Good service, interesting crowd.

4 comments:

Greg said...

I had to look up that "cougar" reference. Sometimes wikipedia come is handy.

Zoomie said...

Oh, man, does that lobster dish ever look good! Must go! We've eaten there before and enjoyed it but I don't remember that on the menu!

Unknown said...

Just ate there tonight with my own cougar! She had the same spaghetti (pretty good), but I had the Kobe beef burger. Kobe beef is a freggin' religious experience ... that experience can fulfill my red-meat cravings for another 6 months!

Anonymous said...

I always order my favorite: the Kickin' Fried Chicken. The crispy skin is awesome.