Sunday, June 24, 2007

La Toscana

Italian Escape.
Tucked around from the Civic Center (on the other side of the freeway) is Ristorante La Toscana. I've been here before, and it has served consistently high quality food in a nice Tuscanesque atmosphere. I used my Nokia N95 phone camera for the very first time taking these photos, so the results are rather inconsistent-- I apologize. This phone can only be described as 'bleeding edge', only being available in Chicago, NYC and Europe. I'm still trying to get used to it. Having a 5.0 megapixel camera with flash as part of it was very seductive!

La Toscana interior

Getting back to La Toscana, the interior is very pleasant, and the staff prompt and friendly.

Spring Mix Salad

I had the spring mix salad to start. It did not taste blurry at all, rather it was crisp!

Petrale Sole Dore

I thoroughly enjoyed the petrale sole dore. It was a very fresh piece of white fish with an egg wash, pan-fried. Chard, broccoli and cauliflower with some buttered rice were the accompaniments. Will certainly be visiting this place of Italian interludes again!

No comments: