Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Middle Eastern Inspired

Insalata's

Dad & I had brunch at Insalata's in San Anselmo. It had been too long since I'd been to this place with such inventive and delicious dishes. It was the first time to try their brunch, and although a good time for breakfast dishes, we felt more like having the lunch items.

 Salmon & Crab Cakes

Dad said these golden salmon and crab cakes were really tasty. They were thick and packed with sea-meat - not filler.

Middle Eastern Inspired Vegetarian Platter

I had the most amazing Middle Eastern Inspired Vegetarian Platter with lemony lentils, eggplant, curried spinach, Turkish yogurt, and couscous. Every bite was flavorful and interesting. I would go there just for a repeat of this dish!

Chocolate Cake

We indulged in some dessert, Dad having chocolate cake that was quite special, brushed with a little rum… mocha mascarpone, bittersweet chocolate ganache, and espresso crème anglaise. Wow!

Lemon Meringue Pie

I couldn't resist the dessert with lemon flavors - Lemon Meringue Pie. This stunning finale had creamy meyer lemon curd, and huckleberry coulis in it. I fell in love.

Last reviewed:
August 5, 2005

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

The mocha dessert is calling to me...