Sunday, June 22, 2008

Friendly staff, good food

Tsing Tao

I knew Eric's Tsing Tao had changed hands some time ago, but it's taken me some time to get to the new Tsing Tao in San Rafael. Tawainese street food no longer is featured as part of the menu, but the standard Chinese fare is done well.

Walnut Prawns

I had Walnut Prawns, which tasted so sweet I felt like the staff must have just caught them from the ocean. Of course these were in a sweet sauce, but I'm talking about the flesh of the shrimp inside. It was a WOW!

Steamed Broccoli

When I was vacillating between dishes, I mentioned that I'd love to try the Walnut Prawns but I was torn by my desire to have some veggies, and the server offered a side of steamed broccoli for $2. I couldn't pass that up!

1 comment:

cookiecrumb said...

I was so sad to lose the Taiwanese street food!
I'm glad you like the new incarnation.