Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sushi Magic

Sushi Gourmet Sign

Sushi Gourmet is very much like the kind of sushi restaurant you would find in Japan -- it's all about sushi, not cooked items.

Sushi Gourmet

It's located in Mill Valley's Strawberry Village, not far from Starbuck's. It's always sparkling clean and everything is lined up with zen precision.

Nameko Miso Soup

I started with some Nameko Miso Soup. Nameko Mushrooms are small and gelatinous, and considered great brain food with anti-tumor properties. The broth had depth and there were plenty of nameko and tofu cubes in it, making a nice balance.

Dragon Roll

I had a Crunch Dragon Roll for my entree, which consisted of tempura shrimp in the middle, and the rice wrap topped with eel and avocado. There were crunchy tobiko on top as a generous garnish. It was fresh, delicious and satisfying. The service was prompt and friendly as well.

Previously reviewed:
September 25, 2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nameko Miso Soup is something that I would never see served in US because of its slimy surface of the mushroom. I love Nameko is a delicacy and I love it in miso soup. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Anonymous said...

When I saw this post about sushi magic I thought it was about the sushi making kit but I'll check out the restaurant when I'm in town!

Anonymous said...

Nameko Miso Soup looks so yummy. I like it.