Thursday, June 28, 2007

Taco Jane's Tortilla chips

Creative Caribbean.
Taco Jane's in San Anselmo is tucked away on a side street, a colorful and happy place. You are put in the cheerful Caribbean mood right away by the interesting "Black Gold Salsa" served with their fresh and crisp tortilla chips. I'm still struggling with learning how to use the camera on my Nokia N95. I took a great photo of the front of the restaurant with it's sign full of character, but the memory must have been too full as it was not on the camera when I downloaded the others.

Grilled Chicken Tostada

Nevertheless, I did get a nice shot of their inventive grilled chicken tostada. Layered like a cake, it has a base of crisp thinly cut cabbage with the next layer being the most icy iceberg lettuce you'd ever want to taste. A corn tortilla then divides the cool green stuff from the black beans, chicken and sauces. Topped with fresh cilantro! Sitting on their deck with this and a long cool glass of iced tea I would dare anyone to complain. Whether it's a a Caribbean inspired Mexican place, or Mexican inspired Caribbean place, I'll leave you to decide.

2 comments:

Elle said...

That tostada looks great! Hope the camera is not losing your photos...that would not be funny.

Anonymous said...

I have heard good things about Taco Jane's-looks good!