Friday, June 15, 2007

Bogie's

Theme breakfast.
Thanks to Kate's recommendation, I decided to try Bogie's Cafe the next time I had a chance. This is also in Cookiecrumb's old neighborhood in Santa Venetia.

Bogie's car

First off you know you're in for some fun when you see Bogie in the bright red get-away car at the entrance! And the inside of the cafe is so whimsical and creative and sporting so much memorabilia, that you can't help but remind yourself that life is much more than a three-piece suit and the Financial Times.

French toast with fresh fruit

I succumbed to the lure of French Toast made with cinnamon swirled bread and topped with fresh seasonal fruit. It so reminded me of something my mother would make for a leisurely Sunday breakfast.

Ham & Cheese Omelet

Dad chose a Ham & Cheese Omelet and said it was perfect. He noted that the amount of ham and cheese contained was generous, and the potatoes were better with the addition of fresh tomatoes and onions to top it. This one is a keeper, and a great find near the Civic Center in case you are ever doing jury duty!

1 comment:

cookiecrumb said...

Hey! My old neighborhood!
Bogie's is a treasure for breakfast. I really like their oatmeal.