Sunday, June 01, 2008

Convenient and consistent

California Pizza Kitchen

Chain yes, and consistently good food and value too. I have liked California Pizza Kitchen for a long time. In fact since it came to my neighborhood when I lived in Northern Virginia. And that was in the 80s.

Smashed Pea Soup

Dad and I had 'linner' there a few days ago. Starting with their ever-tasty Dakota Smashed Pea and Barley Soup.

Miso Salad

Next trying their light and crunchy Miso Salad. This is a new fav. Imagine the fiber and enzyme punch of shredded Napa cabbage with fresh avocado, julienne cucumbers, daikon, edamame, carrots, red cabbage, green onions, cilantro, crispy rice noodles and crispy wontons tossed in a Miso dressing.

Mushroom Pizza

We then went on to an old standard, Wild Mushroom Pizza with Cremini, Shiitake, Portobello and white mushrooms, Fontina and Mozzarella cheeses with a wild mushroom pesto. Garnished with chopped Italian parsley. Good food, good values here!

2 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

I always get this when I'm at the airport! I agree, it's consistently tasty food.

Zoomie said...

That pizza looks really, really good! I'm a purist - only like mushrooms on my pizza, no pepperoni or other vegs.