Saturday, January 10, 2009

Remains consistently good

Saylor's Restaurant

It's easy to find my way over to Saylor's Restaurant in Sausalito frequently. Since their menu has such a wide range of choices there's always something to fit the mood. And I've found the service reliably prompt and friendly.

Margarita

On this coolish evening, it was not hard to convince me to try their signature Margarita. I tried very hard to remember how long ago my last one was, and I think I still lived in Seattle, which would make it over ten years ago. This one was great. Fabulous in fact. I could like margaritas like this.

Dungeness Crab Stuffed Petrale Sole

Crab is in season, and I love it so I had to try the Dungeness crab stuffed petrale sole which was on their specials sheet (which is big enough to be a menu for most restaurants). It came with flavorful rice and freshly prepared vegetables. I enjoyed the entire plate.

Sour Cream Chocolate Cake

I couldn't remember ever tasting one of Saylor's desserts either, so I had to try one of those as well. After some deliberation, I decided to try the Chocolate Sour Cream Cake. Wow. It was as dense and moist as could be while still maintaining a cake like quality rather than becoming a brownie or lava type cake. I could only manage a few forkfuls of this delightful dessert. I needed a companion with another fork! There is also music on weekends (Friday & Saturday nights) and a large selection of tequilas.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 3
Noncritical: 7
Last inspected: 10/22/2008

Previously reviewed:
November 4, 2007
August 6, 2007
September 27, 2006

1 comment:

Cecil Mabry said...

Wow..this is looks like a good place to eat. I love this place. I went here for lunch last week. I love every food but spatially love Dungeness crab stuffed food. It is to yummy.... The service was great and the bartender was very personable. The food servings and quality were great as well. I think Saylor's also has a private dining area that's perfect for a large party. I will be back.