Friday, June 18, 2010

An opening in Sausalito

La Hacienda

I've been watching this place being constructed for months. Finally this afternoon I saw an 'open' sign as I drove by. La Hacienda Bar & Grill in Sausalito opened officially Thursday night, and tonight Dad and I had our first meal there.

Chips and Salsa

We were given the freshest, crispest chips and salsa that was fresh and had a little bit of a kick without being overwhelming. It was refreshing to enjoy them in a new, very colorful decor.

Arroz con Cameron

I decided to try one of the house specialties, Arroz con Cameron. It was so hot and fresh, with plump shrimp and grilled onions and peppers over rice, smothered in cheese. Not pictured are the flour tortillas that came on the side. It was so good. The onions were crisper than I like, but that's a personal preference. The onions were still pretty sweet. The guacamole was also fresh, cool and went wonderfully with the dish.

Chicken Tamale Small Plate

Dad didn't feel hungry until he got a bite of his chicken tamale 'small plate', which wasn't small at all. He soon was scraping the plate for every morsel he liked it so well.

Mexican Flan

Dad asked for dessert, so I ordered one too. I went for the Mexican Flan, which was a great choice. It was one of the best I've ever tried. It was dense and rich and reminded me a little of ricotta pie.

Strawberry Ice Cream

Dad asked for strawberry ice cream and he said it was creamy and sweet and he polished it off too. Considering this was only the second night of operation this one has a bright future if the level of service and excellent execution stays in place.

Restaurant Inspection Results

This restaurant has not been inspected yet.

Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

No comments: