Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nouveau Tarte

Left Bank

It was a warm and beautiful day in Larkspur, and the perfect parking spot appeared! So I found myself visiting an old favorite, the Left Bank at the Blue Rock.

Left Bank Interior

The interior is still warm and inviting, and I was sitting next to the fireplace with a good view of most everything. The waiter was quite friendly and brought me an iced tea while another brought some fresh French bread!

French Onion Soup

I went a little crazy for caramelized onion and cheese, first ordering this flavorful French Onion soup. The stock was great and it had lots of soft and simmered onions.

Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Tarte

I ordered a Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Tarte which was also topped with melty cheese. I have to say this was not your mother's french tarte! I had imagined a petite, well - tarte! This was more like a French flatbread pizza and took up an entire dinner plate! I took some home and had it again for dinner with some vegetable soup. It was tasty, just unexpected, and I realized my faux pas in ordering two dishes with onions and cheese as main ingredients.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 0
Noncritical: 1
Last inspected: 7/3/2008

Previously reviewed:
January 15, 2007

Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

2 comments:

Zoomie said...

Umm, and how would that be a faux pas? Sounds like a bonus, to me!

Lalala said...

Ran into your blog by accident. Wow, this makes me hungry! thanks, will be back.