Friday, February 20, 2009

"An Adult Day Care Center"

Dave & Mike's

I just love Dave & Mike's slogan for their restaurant. And ever since I noticed, and enjoyed their retro setting in Tiburon, I knew I'd have to bring my Dad here. We wanted a simple lunch recently, and were in the neighborhood so we stopped by.

Egg Salad Sandwich

There's not a whole lot of vegetarian choices, but I found an egg salad sandwich which I paired with a yellow lentil soup. There's nothing like a classic recipe done well, and with a twist. This egg salad sandwich had the right amounts of the usual ingredients, plus a noticeable amount of fresh diced celery. The crunch was great, and lightened up what could have been a heavy choice. The soup was awesome, with a complexity of flavor I didn't expect.

Turkey Sandwich

Dad went with a classic turkey and cheese sandwich, which had fresh lettuce and tomato topping the sandwich as well. The service was friendly, everything fresh, and I just had to query about those odd prices, ending in things like .93 or .98. The clever staff has calculated the amounts so that with tax the check amount comes out even!

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 0
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 6/5/2008

Previously reviewed:
April 4, 2007

1 comment:

Adult Day Care said...

Food are great . Just right . Informative post .Many families need assistance for elderly parents during the daylight hours....when the grown children are at work and there is no one to care for a parent who needs supervision. Here is where "Adult Day Care" facilities come into play.