Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pizzas are still great

Pizza Antica

Dad & I stopped by Pizza Antica at the end of a hectic day. Seemed like a good time for pizza and salad.

Fall Chopped Salad

We ordered the Fall Chopped Salad, which had mangoes, pears, pomegranate seeds as well as red cabbage mixed in. I thought it was taking an unusually long time, and then I discovered why. The waiter thought we wanted everything delivered at once. I have no idea why since we were at a small table which physically would not hold all the dishes, nor had the topic of timing come up in the conversation. And after all of that actually, I like the more typical chopped salad that they previously served better. The fruit was too mushy except for the pomegranate seeds, which were too seedy.

Three Cheeses, Shaved Broccoli, Caramelized Onion and Pancetta

On to better things, this pizza of Three Cheeses, Shaved Broccoli, Caramelized Onion and Pancetta is what my Dad craves. I've had this one on previous visits, and it's a fabulous combination. I picked off some of the Pancetta and enjoyed some of this one too.

Spinach Tomato Portabello Pizza

We also had a custom creation, pizza with spinach, fresh tomatoes and portabello mushrooms. It's making me crave another one just writing about it. It was lovely with ingredients that were so fresh and at their peak. Pizza Antica has a solid place in Mill Valley and I will enjoy returning the next time.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 1
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 2/9/2009

Previously reviewed:
November 6, 2008
July 12, 2007

2 comments:

Beth Spotswood said...

I actually think that Fall salad looks pretty fabulous but what's with a "Fall" salad in February?

Anna Haight said...

Yes, I know! I was surprised to see that descriptor too!