Friday, June 27, 2008

Pleasant Italian in Tiburon

Servino

Finding myself in Tiburon at mealtime one evening, I decided to give Servino a spin.

Clam Chowder

I was tempted by their clam chowder. The passing waiters were so helpful, suggesting interesting adds, like Tabasco sauce. Now, I didn't try it, but they were such upbeat people it added positively to the dining experience. The chowder also had yellow summer squash in it, which was an inventive way to lighten it up a bit.

Gnocchi Viola

I guess I was in a creamy mood, because I gave into temptation to try the Gnocchi Viola. The Gnocchi Viola was made with Idaho blue potato dumplings, gorgonzola and crispy pancetta with a light cream sauce. It didn't immediately look as blue as I expected.

Close up of gnocchi

But when I cut into one, it was obvious. These were tender and tasty in the light gorgonzola, however, I had to take more than half home as it was also rich. Servino's also has a deck with an expansive view of San Francisco, so between the view and the food, Servino's is highly recommendable for a happy dinner by the bay.

No comments: