Tuesday, June 10, 2008

B Star gets A Star

 B Star

Last week my friend Sachiko and I decided to go to Burma Superstar, only to find that it is closed on Tuesdays. However, just a block or so away is its little sister - B Star, and it was open. Both are on Clement Street in San Francisco.

Kabocha croquettes

And now I'm going to tell you what a nut I am. The photos turned out horribly. It was a bit too dim, and the shots were dark and blurry :-(. So what did I do? I took Dad the very next day for dinner there, and ordered EXACTLY the same menu. Those photos turned out much better, and we were in a better lighted area of the restaurant. So we had cooling honey iced teas, and started with Kabocha Croquettes. You can guess that all the food was great, or I wouldn't have ordered the exact same thing the next day!

Tea Leaf Salad

The Tea Leaf Salad is over the top. The tea leaves are from a green tea imported from China, and the salad also includes romaine lettuce, ginger, garlic, peanuts, sunflower and sesame seeds and tomatoes. And I could have swore that there were some crunchy deep fried yellow peas in it too.

Green Curry Pot Pie

Thai Salmon Green Curry Pot Pie was up next, which consisted of strips of salmon and veggie green curry with a scallion and sesame puff pastry. We had jasmine rice as a side instead of the salad since we had the Tea Leaf Salad. It was not only visually appealing, but delicious.

Ginger Ice Cream with Berries

And for a refreshing finale, we had ginger ice cream covered with fresh berries. A very smooth yet spicy finish, and a perfect end. I could come here often without tiring I'm sure.

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

Wow, that chef is an artist of both taste and sight! Looks great!