Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Classic Chinese

House of Lee

Forgetting that it was Thursday, and the San Rafael Downtown Farmer's Market was open again, a friend and I met at the House of Lee to enjoy dinner. A vendor of Nepalese things was situated in front of the restaurant. It made for a colorful scene.

Hot & Sour Soup

Catrina loves Hot and Sour Soup so that was the first thing we had. The portions at House of Lee are large. This was good, but does have pork bits if you are watching out for that kind of ingredient. It was good though.

Chicken Chow Mein

Catrina said the Chicken Chow Mein was so good, she'd be bringing her husband back for a visit here. She said it was sauced just right.

Crystal Prawns

I ordered Crystal Prawns which were in a light garlic and ginger sauce. The prawns were plump and moist and obviously fresh. I was quite happy with it over some white rice (not pictured). It was the closest I've had in Marin to the experience of Chinese restaurants in San Francisco's Chinatown. It's also well known for serving Dim Sum all day (by order, no carts). I was quite satisfied with my experience, as was my companion and we'll be back another time.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 0
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 4/20/2009


Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

2 comments:

Zoomie said...

Those shrimp look amazing - I'll have to try this place. Thanks for the tip.

Anne said...

I hadn't been to House of Lee for years, but went about 6 months ago with my vegetarian daughter. We've been back several times for lunch, and I've also tried the dim sum. Everything is delicious and very fresh! I'm glad I tried it again and will continue to go. The mustard greens are really good, and we asked for them with tofu the last time we were there.