Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Strawberry Joe's still lives

Joe's Cafe

Dad and I had the chance to have breakfast at Joe's Cafe in San Rafael a few days ago. We were pleasantly surprised to learn that this is where Strawberry Joe's relocated and reincarnated after the fire that closed the original location. I understand that the owner is actually named George, and that it's not related to the other Joe's in the county. I was happy to see that it has been successful in its new location.

Pancakes with Eggs

We had the best waitress. She was prompt with everything and so cheery you couldn't help but start your day in a good mood. Dad ordered the breakfast where pancakes were the centerpiece with eggs and sausage on the side. He said it all tasted perfect.

Vegetable Omelet

I had an omelet described by its ingredients, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and jack. The omelet was superb with freshly sauteed vegetables inside. The potatoes left something to be desired, managing to be cold and burnt at the same time. I guess I should have chosen the french fries option, but it just sounded a little odd for breakfast.

Yuppie Omelet Bill

I couldn't help from being completely amused when I noticed that on the check my omelet was described as a "Yuppie" omelet. That is a much more colorful description than merely listing the ingredients. Other than my potatoes, everything was great at Joe's Cafe and I'd definitely come back again.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 0
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 10/9/2008

2 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for recommending Joe's Cafe. I've driven by it a million times, but never went. Yesterday my mother and I went for a pre-movie (The September Issue) lunch. I had the same omelet that you did which was delicious and very fresh-tasting. My mother had bacon and eggs which she said were perfect. Everyone was really friendly. We will definitely make it a regualar stop!

steve mehallo said...

Thanks for finding Strawberry Joe's still going.

Did a write up about Joe's on my blog today - covering just about all of the 'Joe's' locations - and my 'Martini at Joe's' fonts. With a link back to you.

Drop by:

http://mehallo.com/blog/archives/3911