Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Charming Italian

Portelli Rossi

I had the opportunity to stop by Portelli Rossi in Novato for lunch the other day. It is quite expanded having an outside patio with heaters, plus the charming inside. The staff were all quite pleasant and welcoming.

Caesar Salad

I started with a fabulous Caesar Salad. It had a nice citrus note and the dressing was rather light, just as I prefer. The romaine lettuce was harvested perfectly, not bitter as some are and it was cut nicely to its best advantage.

Linguine with Clams

I ordered a half order of the Linguine with Clams. I normally prefer a garlic and white wine sauce, but I have to say Portelli Rossi's rendition with fresh tomatoes and basil really was wonderful. My lunch experience here was nothing but positive and I hope to visit again!

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 0
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 9/3/2008

No comments: