Sunday, December 21, 2008

Taking seconds on cabbage

Om South Indian Cuisine

I had intended to try a new restaurant down the street, but found it was closed for lunch that day. The experience had its upside, as I had the perfect excuse for a return visit to Om South India Cuisine. There buffet for $8.99 is clean, well-stocked and delicious and I've always found something new and interesting among the items for the day.

Buffet Plate

I quickly assembled my meal on a plate.

Masala Dosa

And following quickly was the dosa. There is a choice of dosa or chapaathi with your meal. This was hot, crisp and perfect. It was stuffed with potatoes and cashews.

Cabbage Carrot Poriyal

Have you ever had a cabbage dish that was so good that you had to have seconds? Well, this was a first for me. Om's Cabbage Carrot Poriyal was tender and sweet and just melted in your mouth.

Medhu Vadai

The Medhu Vadai were also amazing little savory donuts made of black gram, onion, ginger, green chili, cumin, cilantro and curry leaves. These were a nice accompaniment to the saucy things. Om also has fresh fruit, salad and dessert on another table, but I'd had my fill with the seconds on cabbage. This is one of my favorite lunch spots in Marin.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 0
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 3/4/2008

Previously reviewed:
January 17, 2008
July 4, 2007
May 28, 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely dish!I'd like to invite you to take some time to drop by at Foodista and share the info on this wonderful food with us. We have launched an online food and cooking encyclopedia ala wikipedia.Don't forget to register first so we know who to thank the recipe for. Thanks! See you there!

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi anna
wish you a very happy birthday !
Thanks for such sweet words. The post on dosa and vada is interesting.