Saturday, March 29, 2008

Great neigborhood Italian Place

Milano Ristorante

I used to come to Milano Ristorante quite often before I began my roving and sampling of all Marin has to offer. I missed it. So Dad and I decided to have dinner here one evening.

Hot garlic & cheese bread

And as I recalled the server promptly served us some of their customary garlic and cheese bread - yum!

Caesar Salad

I thoroughly enjoyed the well dressed and fresh Caesar salad.

Meatball sandwich

Dad's salad came with the meatball sandwich he ordered. He was shocked at the size of the sandwich, as was I. It made two meals, and heated up nicely. The sandwich that is, he enjoyed the salad at the restaurant. The photo doesn't do justice to the size, probably 6" each side.

Smoked Salmon Fettucini

I tried a special which has gone from the old blackboard method to a printed page (now you know how long it's been since I was last here). I ordered the smoked salmon and fettucini, which was delicious. A little heavy on the cream as it left some soupiness in my bowl, but the flavor was spectacular and the noodles perfectly al dente. If you want an old fashioned good neighborhood Italian place with standard items in generous portion, you can't go wrong here.

Previously mentioned:
November 15, 2006

1 comment:

Unknown said...

their mini-burger is a real deal! but maybe available only at lunch.