Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Neighborhood Niche

Koffee Klatch

I stopped in for breakfast at the Koffee Klatch the other day after being absent for a number of years. This place has a little history for me. My first visit was a few years ago when I met a man who I originally met via Match.com here, who did some research to find a fun place to meet before enjoying an annual fair in the nearby park. Although the meeting didn't blossom into a romance, I still have fond memories of the place and the day as he was a really nice man, just not enough chemistry. This time, rather than gazing into the eyes of a red-headed Celtic type, I observed the people around me and noticed that everyone was quite comfortable, whether the women with children, or the older folk. There were no generational conflicts here! Everyone was just made to feel at home by the busy waitress with a ready smile.

Irlando's Favorite Scramble

I happily noticed the section on the menu called "Veggie and Egg Scrambles" and ordered "Irlando's Favorite" from it. How could I resist something that had fresh herbs with garlic, onion, basil, oregano, black olives, spinach tomato and feta in it? It was a wonderful scramble, and the potatoes and wheat toast were also good. I'd come back here anytime, wish it were closer to Mill Valley!

1 comment:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi Anna
Memories linger and are meant to be cherished. Remember Rick's Cafe in the movie 'Casablanca'. And as you have quoted "...what I would like to capture aren't thoughts but the scent of my happiness!
Nice post !