Thursday, March 27, 2008

Presses its own olive oil!

Frantoio

Although I've been to Frantoio many a time, I have not blogged about it for one reason or another. Since it's between where I live and where I work it's too easy to think 'it's too easy', and then the visit gets put off. But I did make it there one evening - it's only open for dinner - and then it took me a bit to go back for a photo in the daytime as the ones I took of the outside that night didn't turn out. The most unique feature of this restaurant is that it has a operating olive press behind glass walls you can view from the inside. In fact, it is the only restaurant in the U.S. with an in-house state of the art Certified Organic olive oil production facility. Of course, pressing season is long since over, but the bottled olive oil is used in the restaurant, and it is flavorful!

Caesar

I had a Caesar Salad to start which was fresh and good. I loved the Parmesan slices on top.

Shrimp Risotto

I had a lovely Grilled Shrimp and freshly wilted Spinach Leaves Risotto. This was flavorful with a creamy Parmesan flavor and the shrimp were perfectly grilled with their heads still intact.

Panna Cotta

And the Panna Cotta with fresh berries was over the top. What a splurge! It was quiet, the service was impeccable and it had a lovely modern decor that is great for special occasions.

2 comments:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi anna
One of the lesson which i learnt for myself, while reading this blog is about taking things for granted and thinking it to be easy but in procastination we forget the beauty of it. The visit of yours to Frantoio revealed the value of it to me, in other way.Imagine, it was pressing its own olive and that too, certified to highest standards.

Anna Haight said...

My life has been immeasurably enriched by the simple action of noticing for the purpose of recording my adventures in this blog. I am amazed at the variety of your artistic creations in sugar.