Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nice ambiance

Feng Nian

Dad and I were in the mood for a bit of ambiance with our Chinese lunch cravings so we thought to stop by Feng Nian in Sausalito. It is thoughtfully decorated with a muted yet friendly atmosphere that works just right.

Hot and Sour Soup

I think I may be beginning to like Hot & Sour Soup! This one was really tasty with just the right balance of sour and savory and chock full of good ingredients! It came with the lunch specials we ordered.

Honey Glazed Walnut Prawns

My main dish was the Honey Glazed Walnut Prawns and I chose to take an upcharge for vegetable chow mein instead of rice to accompany it. This was absolutely delicious! The battered prawns had a nice texture and there were very plump and fresh shrimp inside the batter!

Broccoli Beef

Dad felt like the Broccoli Beef. The meals also came with a crisp Vegetarian Egg Roll. Dad enjoyed his dish to the last bite and said we should stop by here more often.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 0
Noncritical: 1
Last inspected: 11/25/2008

Previously reviewed:
November 13, 2006

3 comments:

Payal said...

Hi Anna,
Feng Nain was a regular stop for the 4-5 years my husband & I lived in Corte Madera. Tommy's was the other place we'd frequent. We're up in Portland now and while there's an abundance of Thai restaurants, the Chinese options are lacking, so we miss them. I enjoy visiting your blog for reminders of the Bay area. Thanks!

Zoomie said...

Feng Nian is our favorite for Chinese chow - always well cooked, fresh ingredients and an unfussy interior.

born said...

That hot and sour soup looks lovely. I always have it when i go out for chinese.

Kitchen Bar Stools