Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Great Pasta!

Angelino

I was swooning over a pasta experience I recently had to my friend Caren the other day, and she got excited for me to try her favorite pasta place, Angelino in Sausalito. I've been to Angelino in Sausalito previously, and thoroughly enjoyed the romantic atmosphere and delicious seafood I had, however I hadn't tried the pasta.

Linguine con Vongole

I tried one of my favorites, Linguine con Vongole. My dish was one of the few pasta dishes on the menu where the pasta wasn't housemade. It was still good, cooked to the perfect al dente and flavored with a fragrant broth of the fresh clams. Yes, I could immediately see why Angelino is Caren's favorite pasta place.

Pappardelle with Bolognese Sauce

Caren chose to have Pappardelle with Bolognese Sauce, one of the pastas that was house made. Now she was swooning! The papparadelle on the menu that evening came with a different sauce, but the chef was very gracious to change it to Caren's favorite at her request.

Raspberry & Mango Sorbet

And still wanting to talk and catch up including her past and future adventures with her husband Emil who is a dedicated marathon runner and fundraiser with an eye to freeing people from extreme poverty, we decided to treat ourselves to dessert and coffee. We shared the desserts, the first being scoops of Raspberry and Mango sorbet. It was delectable!

Almond Torte with Apricots and Vanilla Ice Cream

We also tried the Almond Torte with Apricots and Vanilla Ice Cream. This was definitely a keeper. The contrast of the marzipan like soft torte with the peak season fresh apricots was wonderful. The service was well paced and with just the right amount of friendliness.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 1
Noncritical: 6

Previously reviewed:
May 15, 2007

Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

No comments: