Sunday, February 15, 2009

Warm red and friendly

Thai Bistro

I made it over to Novato to try Thai Bistro the other day. The place has been transformed with the new ownership. It is stylish and warm with lots of red tones. The staff was friendly too.

Spicy and Sour Soup with Lemongrass

Having recently had a good experience with a Thai soup, I couldn't resist trying one from their specials list, Spicy and Sour Soup with Lemongrass. I ordered it with tofu, and it was not only delicious, the tofu pieces were cut into blossom shapes!

Pumpkin Curry with Tofu

I love pumpkin curry, so ordered the Pumpkin Curry special, again with tofu. The tofu was again cut into pretty blossom shapes, and the whole plate was stylized. The curry was tasty and the entree held together well. I would order it again. The only surprise was that although the menu said it was served inside a 'fresh pumpkin', it came in an oval dish. There was plenty of pumpkin inside, although I do wonder how that presentation would have looked, pretty I'm sure. I also enjoyed the light sesame taste of the salad dressing. Thai Bistro is a positive upscale option in Novato's food scene.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 0
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 11/17/2008

No comments: