Friday, February 13, 2009

Delicious hand made noodles in Japantown

Sanuki Noodles

A new noodle house making handmade udon has sprung up in San Francisco's Japantown. It is in the building near Ichiban Kan. It's called Sanuki Udon.

Sanuki Window

It's so new it only has handmade signage as well. One sign reads "Genuine Sanuki Noodles are delicious!"

Chef's choice udon

And indeed these noodles are delicious! I ordered their special 'Chef's Choice' noodle dish. I asked if the chef might choose other than meat, seafood and vegetables would be fine. And so my dish came out with mussels, clams, shrimp and lost of veggies! The broth was flavorful and hot and the udon noodles were handmade perfection. The menu is very simple, but this is a place meant to showcase the noodles. I will be back!

1 comment:

Greg said...

I love Japantown.Must return soon.