Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Finnegans Front

Breakfast in Novato.
Dad and I went out for brunch Sunday at Finnegan's Marin after a late night holiday celebration with my partners in Groundwork. Definitely an Irish pub, and a friendly comfortable kind of place.

Tea at Finnegans Marin

I ordered Earl Grey Tea to start, and was pleasantly surprised by the tea serice with China Mist tea. No, it wasn't in a teapot, but the extra special tea did taste quite good.

Eggs Benedict at Finnegans Marin

Dad decided to live it up and have Eggs Benedict. He loved it, but couldn't finish because of the richness of the dish.

Pancakes at Finnegans Marin

I decided to try something different and tried the Three Buttermilk Pancakes with scrambled eggs and bacon. It came with a rich maple syrup and was quite good, although I couldn't finish mine either!

Reindeer at Bon Aire

On the way home we stopped at the Bon Air Shopping Center so I could grab some fresh veggies for dinner later on, and it was all decked out for the holidays. Couldn't resist trying out my new camera on these reindeer. This post contains my first try with my new Cannon Rebel. It's nearly more than I can handle with all the options!

Oh and today happens to be my birthday, having dinner in Glen Ellen's Wolfe House to celebrate with my father, Linda, Yalda and Miss Olivia (5 yo) who is singing a solo in the Christmas pageant after dinner. Don't know if I'll snap photos or not, but I'm happy to go to Wolf House anytime as we've had many a successful and joyful occasion there.

2 comments:

cookiecrumb said...

H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y   A N N A

Anna Haight said...

Thanks !!! It was marvelous!