Monday, December 11, 2006

Supper Club - Spanish Tapas. As those of you know who have been following my blog, I belong to a Supper Club in Marin which creates events on a theme and each chef chooses and executes a recipe. It's a foodie paradise, and there are several professional chefs among the members. This event was celebrating Spanish Tapas. As usual, the chefs were in rare form, and the food was delightful, as you can see in the slide show above. My dish for the evening was Red Onion and Orange Salad.

Red Onion & Orange Salad

Red Onion & Orange Salad

6 sweet, ripe medium oranges, peeled
1 small red onion, sliced finely
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1.5 ounces organic raisins
20 black olives, pitted and halved
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons almonds, blanched and sliced thinly

1. Boil some water and soak raisins in the hot water for 20 minutes, removing from heat. Drain and set aside.
2. Remove the white pith from the oranges and cut the fruit crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
3. Arrange the oranges on a serving platter and scatter over the sliced red onion.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Drizzle this dressing over the onions and oranges.
6. Sprinkle with the raisins, olives, sunflower seeds, and almonds.
7. Serve chilled.

Serves 6-8

10 comments:

Claire said...

Wow i am hungry now, the blog is wonderful.

Claire

me said...

That tapa looks yummy!

Ahvarahn said...

It's always like Pavlov's dogs for me over here, Anna; I am liking the recipes.

Coincidentally, over the weekend, I posted a fun recipe for unhealthy Chicken Marsala on Chris' blog. A bit of fun.

Be well.

Tom Bailey said...

Now if I can only get you to cook it for me it would be great. Well back to my blog to post about as many positive things as possible.


http://sms100.blogspot.com/

Anna Haight said...

All - Glad you are enjoying it, I'm having fun with it!

Ahva: I loved the recipe you posted -- are you a writer?

Tom: Obviously I enjoy cooking, if you were nearby.. who knows? Maybe I'd cook up something for you ;-)

Creative-Type Dad said...

Wow- that looks good

Mike said...

I just showed your blog to my class in Japan. Now they all want to go to California. (You've never met a population more controlled by their tummies than the Japanese). But your blog looks fantastic!!

Anna Haight said...

マイクのクラスに: こんにちは! 私は日本および日本の食糧を愛する!

Anonymous said...

..this makes so hungry..too bad that Iäm a vegetarian

Anna Haight said...

Linus: As a vegetarian, you'll love Albion Cooks: http://www.albioncooks.blogspot.com/

Some of my dishes are vegetarian, or have instructions to make it alternatively vegetarian.