Friday, December 15, 2006

Dipsea Entrance

Hometown evening. My friend Judith and I arranged to meet at the Dipsea which has opened for dinner in the past couple months. I've previously enjoyed breakfasts here, and thought if the quality held through it would be a fabulous addition to this hometown Mill Valley restaurant.

French Onion Soup

I started with French Onion Soup. The waitress got a little excited bringing it over, so there was a bit of spillage.

Seafood Risotto

Next, Judith enjoyed the Seafood Risotto and invited me to take a bit. Nice! Infused with very complex seafood essences.

Pot roast with porcini mushroom mashed potatoes and spinach

I had the Pot Roast with porcini mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach. It was delectable, and I took some home to save room for dessert.

Chocolate silk pie

Judith had chocolate silk pie, which was rich, chocolaty and smooth.

Lemon Tart

I enjoyed the lemon tart (no surprise!), which was fresh and just tart enough. The surprising thing about this visit was the emptiness of the restaurant. Maybe the word hasn't gotten out yet about the dinner option, and how good it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy!