Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Paradise Bay


Light lunch in Paradise. I finally made it to Paradise Bay in Sausalito. Prior to this make-over, this gorgeous place housed a rather mediocre Mexican restaurant. I had read rather mixed reviews of the new place, so it took me awhile to try it. But it was a beautiful day, and I thought the views would be as satsifying as any food. The service was very prompt and friendly from seating to serving.

View from Paradise Bay


The views were just as I thought on this bright and crisp Marin day.

maui onion soup


I started with the Sweet Maui Onion Soup with thyme smoked scallops. It was flavorful, and the waiter complimented me on identifying both sherry and brandy in the broth after checking with the chef.

lobster sushi

I then enjoyed a Fresh Maine Lobster Maki Roll with avocado, mango and spicy mayonnaise. Forget concepts of traditional Japanese sushi, think fusion, and you'll be pleased with these fresh and inventive bites!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats nasty looking... Ever try Steak?

riderpitts said...

i always feel fresh and happy reading your blog

sykz-of-azure said...

You sure did seem to have fun at Paradise Bay. Plus, the food looks succulent!

VaNee said...

Anna, I loved looking at your pictures. Yes, your blog is very refreshing and interesting.

Good job!

LynnH

Gavin said...

Found you through Blogs of Note. Great site. Always loved to vacation in your area so the pics bring back fond memories.

Brad Barker said...

Thta roll looks soooooo yummy!

luke said...

Sounds like you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, the sushi looks so good. I've heard that maine lobster is the best. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

So what did this little meal cost? Or is that not an issue?

Anna Haight said...

So glad most of you enjoyed this post.

Anon: Cost? Well, it's very relative. It is an expensive area here and I've been a frog in the pot with the heat gradually turned up, so I don't notice so much. If I can't afford it, I just don't go. I honestly can't remember what the meal cost exactly, but probably with everything (meal, drink, tax, tip) somewhere between $20-30.

trustandobey said...

WOW! I WANT TO GO!

skull said...

I stumbled across your site sat in my government office here in Brixton London.- it made the day seem more 'sunny' as only California can, and it made me hungry..
Excellent blog, I will visit again soon