Saturday, November 01, 2008

Warming up the gloom

Lotus

Hasn't it been gloomy, now rainy here in Marin this week? I popped in the Fairfax neighborhood to see how The Sleeping Lady was progressing, and found it has yet to open, and the windows still covered in paper. So knowing that Cafe Lotus uses local and organic ingredients, and my last experience was so good thought I'd try it for lunch. And there was a little sandwich board in front, proclaiming a lunch special for $5.49.

Chole Bhuture

I didn't choose the $5.49 special, I chose the Chole Bhuture for $5.99. It features a fried wheat bread, basmati rice, garbanzo curry and dahi. The garbanzo beans were well paired with spices and tomatoes, a flavorful and impressive dish. And the rest were perfect foils to it. I'd come here anytime. The service was very prompt and pleasant as well.

Previously reviewed:
March 19, 2008

No comments: