Tuesday, November 04, 2008

How to use a little dab

Frittata

Sunday my friend with their cute kids, Toran & Aurelia came over for dinner and fun. Besides the main dish of Channa Baigan Takari (Eggplant & Chickpea Takari), I made some appetizers, including a clam dip that had been an earlier hit. The clam dip is just too easy, mix in a package of shelled whole baby clams into 8 oz of whipped cream cheese. There you have it. And there was just a dab of the dip left over. How to use that dab took my thoughts to happy times in Seattle where I often met my friends Hank, Kathleen and their daughter Stephanie at a wonderful restaurant called Arrowhead for brunch. Arrowhead has, I believe, since been swallowed up by a new building in its place, but it was near Lake Union, across the lake from where I lived, and just down the road from where my friends lived on a boat, on the same lake. Arrowhead had fantasic frittatas, and I recalled that they put dabs of seafood mixed in cream cheese in their some of their signature frittatas. So that's what I did with the dab of leftover clam dip. The recipe? Loosely, in a frying pan saute chunks of fresh green pepper, add sliced black olives, then beaten eggs, then drop the dip in dollops over the top. Cook a little on the stove top, then move to the oven, and when set, add some grated cheese to the top and melt. Dad approved.

Did you vote??? If so, besides the intrinsic reward, Ben & Jerry's is giving free scoops to those who show their "I voted" stickers. Other purveyors are also giving encouragement. Check out these patriotic offers at Walletpop.com.

No comments: