Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cute new spot in Sausalito

Cibo

Dad and I got over to Cibo in Sausalito the other day for lunch, which I turned into brunch. It's a simple yet very elegant and pleasant place. It's great to see a new restaurant with all the closings in the past few months.

Fresh Lemonade

The freshly made lemonade with fresh mint in it in a large glass container on the counter looked SO good we had to have it. It was very refreshing.

Prosciutto and mozzarella panini with tomato and pesto spread

Dad wanted a panini, so he ordered one stuffed with prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato, and pesto spread.

French Toast

I went the brunch route and had their French Toast. Wow. I usually don't like thick French toast where it has been soaked all the way through, but this was quite the exception. It could even convert me to this style when executed so well. The interior of the French bread was the perfect texture, like a soft custard. The fruit that garnished it was a peak of flavor and the whole dish was fabulous. Cibo is only open for breakfast and lunch. I have a feeling this new restaurant will be a keeper here in Sausalito.

Restaurant Inspection Results
This one is so new, it's not listed. If you want to check on it, go to the County's main search page at: http://marin.ca.gegov.com/marin/search.cfm.

Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

3 comments:

Editors said...

I was very curious what your take would be on Cibo. I also really enjoyed the prosciutto panini your Dad had, and now I have to try that French Toast!

margot said...

I ran by this place the other day and was curious about it. It looks and sounds delicious!

ian said...

check this take out:
http://stretchyhead.wordpress.com/2009/08/26/cibo/