Thursday, July 17, 2008

Italian Hobbit House

Sorella Caffe

When I walked to the door of the Sorella Caffe, I had the distinct feeling of leaving this world and entering an Italian Hobbit house. Cozy and charming, this place held nothing but pleasant surprises.

Parmesean Olives and Bread

First comes an array of complimentary appetizers. Green olives, bread, butter and a 'gouge' of real Parmesan cheese from a HUGE cheese wheel that is walked around the restaurant by the waitstaff. A nice welcome indeed!

Eggplant Parmagiana

I ordered the Eggplant Parmigiana for my entree. The accompanying vegetables were cooked hot/crisp and were very fresh. The parmigiana was so rich, I could only finish about a third of it. It was delicious.

Gummy Bears and Cookies

Just when you think you have finished, out comes twin parfait dishes with gummy bears and cookies - chocolate chip and animal cookies! Not haute cuisine, but a cute gesture. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal here and will definitely visit again!

No comments: