Friday, July 04, 2008

Reasonable, generous portions and good

Osakaya

Jo-Ann, Toran, Aurelia and I had lunch a week or so ago at Osakaya. It has a very reasonable lunch combo for around $10. We each had a different variation suggested on their menu.

Chirashi & Tempura

I had the chirashi (scattered sushi) and tempura combination.

Chirashi & Ramen

Toran went for the chirashi and ramen combination.

California Roll & Ramen

Aurelia wanted to have a California roll and ramen. She couldn't finish hers as it is quite a big serving for a 6 year old.

Unagi & Ramen

Jo-Ann was happy to see that there was an unagi selection she could enjoy with her ramen. In fact we were all happy with the combinations that Osakaya provided. Osakaya is in San Francisco's Japantown, and also has a nice takeout area. The take out obento boxes are reduced by 50% after 6 p.m. for those looking for an extra bargain. It is a casual family style place - no haute cuisine here, just solid value.

Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I usually eat at Mifune (the bigger one) in the Japan Center, but I will definitely try this next time.

On another note, have you tried Tony Tutto Pizza in Mill Valley yet? It's in the old Perry's Deli building across the parking lot from Pharmaca on E. Blithedale. It wasn't open when I looked in, so I couldn't check it out.
Anne

Anna Haight said...

Hi Anne: No I hadn't heard of Tony Tutto Pizza! I'll keep my eye on it! Thanks for the tip!