Sunday, April 29, 2007

Picco

Popular small plates destination. Traveling through Larkspur at dinnertime one evening, I stopped in at Picco for a bite. I believe it was my third visit since it's opened, and it remains inventive with good execution and friendly service.

fresh spring primavera housemade fettucine with fresh garden vegetables

I tried the fresh spring primavera housemade fettuccine with fresh garden vegetables. The vegetables were fresh and succulent and the fettuccine tender. The emphasis on local and seasonal here comes through in the perfection of the ingredients.

Warm almond tartlette with rubarb and marcona almond ice cream

I finished up with a warm almond tartlette with rhubarb and marcona almond ice cream. This was an unusual but excellent pairing and quite a treat!

No comments: