Friday, April 20, 2007

Fred's

Lunch at Fred's
. I reviewed this place July 19, 2005 for breakfast, and thought it time that I try it for lunch. The first thing I noticed, is that Fred's Coffee Shop is very oriented towards breakfast. It was noon, and all were eating breakfast foods on a weekday, and the specials were all about breakfast. Not only that, but the server noted only breakfast items and handed me the menu, breakfast side facing me. I didn't take the hint.

Teriyaki Chicken & Mushroom Sandwich

This place seemed quite oriented towards things between a bun on the lunch side of the menu, so I tried their Teriyaki Chicken with Mushrooms on a Sourdough Bun. It took some time to make, but it was well worth it as it was obviously a fresh generous sized chicken breast, cooked thoughtfully to preserve the moistness. Everything was hot and fresh-cooked. If you are looking for a ham/chicken/turkey/garden burger with hot and fresh fries for lunch, this would be an excellent stop.

1 comment:

Elle said...

I used to go here for breakfast in the early '70s when there was a Fred in charge. They had a killer egg dish with sauteed onions, hamburger, toast, eggs over easy and I think cheddar cheese over that. Very hefty meal, but good coffee, too.