Monday, April 09, 2007

Caffe Oggi

Italian breakfast.
I love slow mornings when I can be greeted by Antonio and listen to Italian opera in the idyllic atmosphere of Caffe Oggi, a slice of a bright Italian morning in Mill Valley. I've always wanted a home with wisteria growing around it, so that it's blooming so abundantly over the sign and walkway doesn't hurt my mood either. Dad & I revisited this old favorite, and I was hard pressed not to order my favorite vegetarian frittata, but to venture onto something new.

Spinach Frittata

But first, Dad ordered a Spinach Omelet, however it really seemed to be a frittata as it wasn't folded over in omelet style. He enjoyed it except for the Italian toast, which I like because of its crispness, but it's a bit hard for elders to chew. When asked about the frittata, he replied "Great!" between bites.

Bacon & Egg Breakfast Sandwich

I tried the Bacon & Egg Breakfast Sandwich. I loved that it had fresh tomato slices in it, and that the bread was soft and sturdy at the same time! It was great, and quite substantial. This is really a great place for a delicious and relaxing start to the day!

No comments: