Monday, April 16, 2007


Supper Club - Chocolate! Our group decided on an unusual theme in my absence from the last Supper Club (Vietnamese). Everyone must have been enjoying the wine, because I thought it was a bit crazy -- a dinner where every dish had to contain some chocolate! Not wanting to bring a dessert, I took a meander through any of my cookbooks thought to perhaps contain something?! Yes, I do have a recipe for mole, but it wasn't stellar, and I wanted to be as unique as this Iron Chef type challenge called for. After some internet research, and a great tip from my client as to a spicy add-on, I came up with the Spicy Spinach Salad with chocolate dressing that I blogged in for Saturday. The rest of the menu was as follows:

Amuse Bouche
Savory Chocolate Napoleons - Tom H
Beverages
On-the-spot Chocolate Egg Creams! - Isadora
Appetizers
Zinfandel-filled Chocolates (more an appetizer than a dessert, with some additional Zinfandel to wash down or dilute the chocolate) - Emil
Starters
Spicy Spinach Salad with Chocolate Dressing - Anna
Chocolate Soup - Janis
Mains
Braised Short Ribs with Chocolate and Rosemary - Tom M
Roast Duck in a Chocolate Wine Sauce - Glenn
Sautéed Chicken Breast with a Sour Cream Mole Sauce - Stephanie
Sides
Chocolate Kahlua Sweet Potatoes - Karen
Holy Mole Frijoles - Isadora
Desserts
Milk Chocolate Mousse - Janis
Chocolate Covered Strawberries - Caren
(Holy) Mole Truffles - Tom H

My goodness -- We ate it all!!! Kudos to creative chefs!

1 comment:

Elle said...

Wow! Lots of chocolate...you lucky people you.
Very creative and interesting dishes. I think you salad idea was especially inspired.
Looks like a nice group.