Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tasty Thai in Rohnert Park

Sukhothai

Jo-Ann and I were out bargain shopping one day a few weeks ago, and she had wanted to try an interesting looking Thai place, Sukhothai in Rohnert Park. I was all for trying something new! The interior was very clean and pleasant, and the staff very quick and kind.

Thai Iced Tea

The Thai iced tea was served in a pretty glass. It was quite refreshing after a morning of running around.

Fresh roll with Noodles

The lunch specials included pieces of fresh spring rolls, which were great, and I chose a wide rice noodle entree with mine. The noodles were tender and the other vegetables, such as the bright green broccoli were perfectly done. The shrimp in the dish tasted very fresh too.

Fresh Roll with Pumpkin Curry

And Jo-Ann was even more adventurous, trying the pumpkin curry with duck. I tasted a bit of the pumpkin and curry from the dish and was favorably impressed with the complexity and flavor of the curry sauce. The pumpkin was tender and well cooked. Jo-Ann also enjoyed the restaurant. We'd made a new cool find together! I'd stop by here again anytime!

Sonoma County also makes their restaurant inspection results easily obtainable on line, so I will be including those when venturing into their eating space from this point as well.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Critical: 1
Noncritical: 2
Last inspected: 12/2/2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered about this place, even today when I went shopping at the Safeway. Thanks for the post!