Monday, July 06, 2009

Music to a vegan mouth

Symphonie

One day I noticed Zoomie of Zoomie Station had put a note up about a enjoyable lunch with a friend on her Facebook status. I quickly commented back that I'd like to be on her luncheon list, and just that simply we organized a lunch together. She suggested Symphonie in Pt. Richmond, and I quickly agreed as I'm always up to try a new vegan/vegetarian place.

Asian Slaw

We instantly had lots to talk about and didn't look at the menu until the waiter came back a second time. It was an expansive menu with lots of intriguing choices! As soon as we'd ordered, a little Cabbage Slaw with an Asian dressing came by. I'd previously met Zoomie at a Food Bloggers Picnic she'd organized at her home and reached out to me as a nearby food blogger to attend. Of course there were lots of people there then, so this was a lovely opportunity to get to know Zoomie better.

Lentil Soup

As we enjoyed our Lentil Soup, we found out that we had many things in common, not the least of which was that we'd both lived in both Japan and France as students. The soup was good, but the company was proving to be even better. Ever notice how food tastes better with a great connection and conversation?

Spring Rolls

And along came our Spring Rolls, and I have to admit, these were a little bland, especially compared to our conversation of adventures in France!

BBQ Pork Fried Rice

Zoomie ordered the "BBQ Pork" Fried rice, and I'll have to say it looked tasty. Zoomie and I decided to post this week around the same time, and she beat me to it! You'll have to take a look at her take on the meal, she is local so she also has some interesting things to say about the history of the place as well.

Beef Vermicelli

I had the "Beef" Vermicelli, which consisted of strips of tasty seitan which had been infused with spices such that it had a very nice flavor, and the texture worked as well. If compared to real beef, the texture would be a little tough, but after lots of meals of silken tofu, I wasn't about to complain!

It was a lovely lunch and Zoomie and I agreed that we'd like to plan more together in the future!

I found that Contra Cost County also has an online Food Inspection site.

Restaurant Inspection Results
Last Inspected: 3/11/2009

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

I've changed my link to reflect this post. Thanks again, Anna, it was fun.