Wednesday, November 15, 2006


A quick Italian bite. I've had many a happy neighborhood meal at Milano's in The Cove Shopping Center in Tiburon. Today Dad and I stopped in for lunch. We were both in the mood for lasagne, Dad ordering vegetable lasagne, while I tried the chicken and spinach lasagne. Both were served piping hot in an au gratin type dish. Milano's also brings complimentary garlic bread to the table, two slices for each person, one a type of cheese pizza-bread. The service is warm but not cloying.

Sam, over at Beck's & Posh recently started the Weight Watcher's program and bravely blogged her food log -- today she issued a special challenge, to photograph and post everything that goes through your lips for a week! I'm not quite up to that, but coincidentally, I started logging in all that goes through my lips into my favorite Diet Power software, a very cool piece of software that is compatible with many special diets, and does a great job of customization and nutrient tracking as well as tracking the usual calories and weight. On the theory that merely watching changes behavior, I started without making a special effort to change my diet. So far this week, I've lost 2 lbs on that theory! The only change I notice besides being contentious to log my intake is that I hate seeing the dry cactus icon pop up so I have definitely increased my water consumption because of it.

No comments: