Wednesday, November 29, 2006


Hidden behind a tire sign. Le Croissant is a great little breakfast place, hidden right behind a green tire sign, on a street where most people are rushing by and not noticing surroundings. I had to loop around and take this photo from the other side of the street to avoid the green tire company sign. I've missed seeing this place countless times, but based on a recommendation, I found it to try and add to my breakfast in Marin list. It's a small, homey place that only takes cash or debit cards, but the wait staff is friendly, and the service good.

I had to order the croissant sandwich after the name of this place.. and it was very customized. You choose how you'd like your eggs cooked, the type of cheese, and the type of meat. I had scrambled, Jack, and bacon. I 'upgraded' from potatoes to a fresh fruit cup which stated that the fruit was cut to order. And it tasted that way too, very fresh, sweet and crisp for items that should be crisp, and unadorned by sugar or other topping, just the way I like it. Very recommendable based on this one visit. And Le Croissant serves lunch and dinner too.

And by the way, I walked by Casa Manana this morning, and found that they serve breakfast 9 a.m. every day. I'm afraid that it doesn't meet my criteria of weekday breakfasts -- who eats breakfast (regularly) from 9 a.m. on a weekday? Most people are already arrived somewhere, working at that time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm I could snarf that down!

Justin J said...

I love this place. Everything here makes me want to go out or eat!

Anonymous said...

nice! carlos

bathinginluxury.com said...

mmm, that looks deliciously decadent.

Anna Haight said...

Thanks for your comments everyone!