Thursday, June 26, 2008

Salvage Job

Asparagus Egg Bake

This is the final dish, a Asparagus Rice Noodle Egg Bake. And it was good!

Rice Noodles with Bulldog sauce

It all started with an experiment gone awry. I imagined that rice noodles mixed with tuna, water chestnuts, green onion tops and bulldog sauce would be good. However, in reality it seemed no matter how much Bulldog sauce I added, the noodles stayed white, and tasted bland. Dad and I made one lunch of this before I figured out a better way to use this mixed up mess. I decided to make a brunch appropriate bake by layering fresh asparagus at the bottom of a square glass pan (after spraying Pam on it), putting some leftover rice noode/tuna/water chestnut mix over the asparagus, then whipping up about 9 whole eggs and pouring over the top. I covered it in foil and baked it till the eggs looked nearly set, then added some shredded cheddar cheese to the top for melting to a nice finish. Now this was GOOD. I'll make it again, although I may make the steps more direct, not going through the failed dish phase!

1 comment:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

hi anna
coming to your blog after a long time....loved this salvaging method.and the asparagus rice noodle egg bake looks worth trying, isnt it !