Saturday, September 05, 2009

Quiet and good

Fujiyama Sushi

I stopped by Fujiyama Restaurant & Sushi Bar in San Rafael for lunch earlier this week. I forgot it has one of those electronic welcome generators at the door, so jumped when I heard it say 'welcome' loudly in Japanese when I walked in.

Miso Soup

I ordered a special that came with miso soup. This one was very good with the right balance and flavor.

Vegetable Corokke

The soup was chased by a Vegetable Korokke that had bits of carrot, burdock and kernels of sweet corn in the potato. It was covered in panko crumbs, and was great with the accompanying sauce. I was particularly excited about the burdock bits as that made it seem even more like something one would actually eat in Japan.

Sushi & Sashimi Bento

Then the main attraction arrived, a sushi and sashimi bento box. It was all fresh and good. Beyond the sushi and sashimi, it had edamame and a crunchy seaweed salad. I enjoyed my meal, and the service was charming.

Restaurant Inspection Results

Critical: 0
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 11/5/2008


Previously reviewed:
April 18, 2007

Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

No comments: