Thursday, September 10, 2009

Elegant Comfort Food

Dream Farm

I found a good opportunity to try the new Dream Farm in San Anselmo and took it! Earlier this year I visited its predecessor, Fork, and less than a month later it closed and reopened with the same owner, reinvented, as Dream Farm. Dream Farm highlights local ingredients in its 'comfort' food in classic American style.

Brentwood sweet corn soup

I started with Brentwood Sweet Corn Soup. It was SO creamy! And it had the wonderful flavor of freshly picked sweet corn. This is not your typical comfort food, it's comfort food elevated.

Lasagna with Bellwether Farms Ricotta, Zucchini and Mushrooms

The main dish I chose was Vegetarian Lasagna with Bellwether Farms Ricotta, Zucchini and Mushrooms. I took my first bite, and just had to ask the waiter as he was walking away 'Are these house made lasagne noodles?'. He affirmed that they were. What a heavenly dish. And filling. This is not ordinary comfort food, the kitchen takes that form and perfects it, all at a reasonable price. Don't miss Dream Farm!

Restaurant Inspection Results

Critical: 1
Noncritical: 0
Last inspected: 6/24/2009


Find address/phone number/directions on Anna's Map.

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

That one's definitely on my "must" list.