Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sushi boat interior

Sushi Boat Restaurant.
Two floating sushi places in nearly a week.... not intentional, but since Paul & I were in a hurry and this the closest and quickest restaurant near the theaters on Smith Ranch Road in San Rafael, we stopped in for dinner before going to the opening night of "Children of Men".

sushi floating

Paul and I enjoyed some quick sushi off the floating boats.

more sushi floating

and some more sushi...

agedashitofu

then we had some agedashitofu, which was very generously portioned and quite good.

veggie tempura

The restaurant did start us off with some miso as well, and we ended our meal with vegetable tempura, which was correctly crisp on the outside and deliciously tender on the inside. Sushi Boat Restaurant was quick and friendly and we enjoyed the meal. The movie was quite gripping too!

2 comments:

Bob said...

I love this type of sushi counter format. Before leaving Sonoma County for Cow Town (Redding) we used to eat regularly at Isobune located in Japantown/SF. How I miss eating there.

Anyway, I appreciate your entries . . . they remind me of how great eating out used to be which is very contrary to what it is in Cow Town.

Well, there are no gangs here. You can walk the streets at any hour of day/night. Homes go for a median 260k. Lake Shasta and Whiskeytown Lake are 10 minutes away. There are trade-offs for living here.

Why can't I have it all?! I WANT CIVILIZED FOOD IN COW TOWN AND I WANT IT NOW!!

Anna Haight said...

Hello Bob,

Glad you are getting a vicarious taste. Your new hometown sounds so delightful! Yes, restaurants may be limited -- but there could be some alternatives... do you cook? You could start a cooking club. I belong to one here a "Supper Club" and we have a blast making the best dishes we each can based on a theme. It's very civilized!